Last Updated: May 24, 2018
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies to all users of this website (the “Site”). By using this Site, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by this Policy. You should not use our Site if you do not agree with the terms and conditions contained in this Policy.
Some of the information we collect through this Site may be “personal information,” which is information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Other information may be nonpersonally identifiable, such as information collected by cookies.
OUR POLICY CONCERNING MINORS
Minors should not use this platform. You must be at least 13 years old to have our permission to use this Site. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use this Site. Parents who believe that we may have collected personal information from a minor can submit a request that it be removed by contacting us here.
RIGHT TO MAKE A CHOICE
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Policy describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt-in to receiving our newsletter or to opt out of receiving “cookies.” We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information. You have the option to change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, you will have the option to unsubscribe via the link in the email you have received.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you purchase our Services, contract templates, or engage in certain activities, such as registering for our newsletter, request information, or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide personal information. The Site must collect some “identifying” information from you to allow you to use and access services and materials. Such information includes a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier. Please keep in mind that we do not sell, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
SPECIFIC INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information from you such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number or billing information when you choose to purchase one of our counseling services, when you request information about our services, register for our newsletter, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
If you purchase one of our products or services, we collect certain data about your purchase as necessary to process your request. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our third-party payment processing partners, including your name, credit card number, security code, expiration date, billing address, and zip code. For your security, the Company does not have access to or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
Our Site permits you to publicly share content, post comments, and ask or answer questions. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted. If such information is shared on a third-party platform, such as a social media site, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and related agreements of that third party.
We may invite you to complete a survey, provide feedback, or participate in a promotion (like a giveaway), either through our Site or a third-party platform. If you participate, we will collect and store the data you provide us as part of your participation, such as your name and email address and any other requested feedback. If you submit this information via a third-party platform, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
If you elect to receive email notifications from us, we collect your name and email address so that we can send you email communications about the requested information, products, and services.
If you contact us (via email, phone, text, messaging platform, or through our social media channels), we may collect and store your name, email address, the content of your message, information about your business and any other data you provide.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use and process your information for a variety of business purposes. Generally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- to process and fulfill purchases of services, products and to keep you informed about the status of the same;
- to communicate about and administer our products and services (such as by sending transactional emails about your purchases);
- respond to your inquiries
- to manage individual accounts
- to provide the services and information that you request;
- to contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to improve the content, functionality, and usability of this Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for good faith compliance with the law
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We generally retain your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the services or to comply with applicable law.
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- Information You Manually Provide. The Site collects the information you manually provide when you use this Site. For example, we collect the information you provide when you request a service, send us questions, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name, contact information, and billing information.
- Information from your browser or device. The Site collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Online Advertising. We use third-party advertising services, like Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, to deliver advertising about our products and services on our Platforms, as well as other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on information we have collected (as outlined above) and information these advertising providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
- Web beacons or pixels. Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, these are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social Media widgets. These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, etc.) that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. Below is an outline of those rights and how to exercise them. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case. After verification of identity you have the right to:
- know what personal information and data we maintain about you
- request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used format
- request updates to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- request that we cease our processing of your personal information and data
- request that we delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
In order to exercise any of these rights within this Policy, please contact us here.
In addition to the cookie we deliver to your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third-parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Site.
Other third parties may also use “cookies” or web beacons to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. Zara Watson Law does not have access to or control over “cookies” or other features that such third-party advertisers may use and the information practices of such third-party advertisers and third-party websites are not covered by this Policy.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us by secure servers. We have included common indications of such secured features when appropriate such as a closed lock icon in your web browser. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Site or over email; any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW TO OPT OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from Zara Watson Law at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in your Zara Watson Law email and following the instructions provided.
This Site may display personal testimonials of Yours from time to time received via email or as otherwise received from you by the Site. We will request Your permission to use any testimonials. If you would like the Site to remove your testimonial or customer review at any time, please simply contact us at the information included in this Policy and we will promptly do so.
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as we provide with respect to the information we share.
Please revisit this page periodically to remain aware of any changes to this Policy. We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this Policy, by posting such change, update or modification on the Site. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
We may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
This Policy shall be governed by the laws of the New York, United States of America without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Zara Watson Law PLLC